Tuesday, May 17, 2016
When you take off all of your makeup, how do you know you got everything?
I recently added cleansing oil to my nighttime routine and it's revolutionizing my skin. After reading this insightful article about Korean skincare (and recommendations from my BFF) I thought, "What do I have to lose? I'm 41 and STILL breaking out like a teenager." It seems counter-intuitive to add oil to your face. But I'm telling you, it works. Cleansing oil is the perfect pre-cleansing step.
Here's my revised 6-step nighttime routine:
1) First, I take off my eye makeup using this waterproof remover. Then I use a baby wipe all over my face to remove foundation, concealer, etc.
2) Next is cleansing oil, which I use dry (I find it's more effective). After massaging into my face, I use warm water to rinse off.
3) Then I use a gentle cleanser (I like this one) with my Clarisonic Mia brush (this product changed my life!).
4) Toner. Always use toner.
5) Don't forget those delicate areas.
6) Finish with a nourishing face oil. This one is my favorite.
I've been following this regimen for about a week now and I'm seeing results. Fewer breakouts, clearer skin, more even tone and a brighter and happier complexion overall.
Give it a go and let me know if you had similar results.
A grown-up guide to acne products. (Man Repeller)
Tags Fashion & beauty
Friday, May 13, 2016
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
How many pairs of jeans do you have?
I think I've got six pairs in my closet. Skinnies, boyfriend, boot cut. And now I must add this wonderful pair of nautical-inspired sailor jeans.
I love the flattering higher-rise waist and worn with leopard print pointy-toe heels is just the cat's meow.
Spring denim. (Harper's Bazaar)
Tags Fashion & beauty
Monday, May 2, 2016
Friday, April 29, 2016
Did you have a good week?
Here are five fun links from the around the web to help get your weekend started.
Have a fabulous one.
Korean longboarding babe Ko Hyojoo shows us how its done -- with ease and grace.
The earth breathes. She is alive.
"It takes someone strong to make someone strong." This commercial made me cry.
Check out the world's largest indoor vertical farm.
How to lose weight... Get your heart broken.
Photo via Instagram.