Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring makeover with Dior


Spring is here and so are all the pretty colors! 

The wonderful folks at Christian Dior Cosmetics at Nordstrom Beachwood Place invited me to their Spring Trend Event last week. I had so much fun learning about cosmeceutical skincare and getting a beautiful makeover. I mean, look at the naked face of the girl on the left (yikes!) and compare it with the girl on the right (that's more like it).**
    
Here's what beauty expert Gia Iarussi used to prep my skin: first she cleaned my face with Dior's Instant Cleansing Water and followed up with this gentle toning lotion. Then my face got the luxury treatment. "Feel your skin," Gia said after applying the One Essential and Hydra Life line of products to my face. Soft as silk.

To even out my skin, Gia used Diorskin Nude Air. I've never used serum foundation before and I loved it. It feels lightweight and gives great coverage without feeling like you've got a lot of gunk on your face.

Next, Dior National Makeup Artist Garrett Clabaut gave me a ready-for-spring makeover. I asked for a natural look. Nothing overly made up. First he used a waterproof liner to tightline my eyes. Then he applied a pearly silver eyeshadow with this pencil, cleaned up my brows and used this mascara on my lashes.      



My hands-down favorite product was Dior's Cheek & Lip Glow. I'm a sucker for packaging and I admit, the tiny square bottle with sheer pink liquid inside gave me that girly, happy feeling. Garrett put a few dabs on the apples of my cheeks and my lips. The finishing touch was a swipe of the prettiest pink lipgloss
      

Thank you, Gia and Garrett (and Dior Cosmetics business manager Lisa Callow) for making this girl feel like a million bucks! 


Spring 2015 makeup trends. (Harper's Bazaar)