Friday, April 27, 2012

From my table to yours: chimichurri sauce

Hi my name is Jennifer and I like to Instabrag what I eat. So sue me.

My breakfast this morning: organic hard-boiled eggs topped with homemade chimichurri sauce; buttered roll; and fresh strawberries. 

Yeah, I'm rubbing it in. So what? :)

_________________________________________________________________

chimichurri sauce 
(adapted from epicurious.com)

what you'll need:
  • 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 3/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp lemon

what to do:

  • Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Voila! It's that easy and oh so yummy.