Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday selfie


Today's look: Nail art gets graphic.

The color(s): First I used Essie nail color in Chinchilly (three coats) then Revlon nail color in Black Lingerie on top to make the triangular shape. The trick is a steady hand and a generous amount of nail polish on your brush as you apply. And don't forget a base coat (I like Essie's First Base Base Coat) so your nails don't turn yellow and of course, a top coat (I used Essie's No Chips Ahead Top Coat) so your nail color lasts. 

The occasion: Does a girl ever need a reason to have fun with her nails? Exactly.

Why I like this look: I was flipping through the September issue of Lucky magazine and spied model Atong Arjok wearing the coolest nail art in the spread, "Graphic Arts." While Arjok's nails were black and white, I opted for a subtler effect with black and gray.