Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday selfie


Today's look: Boho chic with a side of cowgirl.

Taking fashion inspiration from real people around the world, I'm excited to bring you Today's Selfie, a new series of style self portraits. I'm kicking it off today with an outfit inspired by cowgirls, grandma's lace doilies and Berkeley hippies. 

Hoping you'll find inspiration, too. As the great Diana Vreeland once said, "Fashion must be the most intoxicating release from the banality of the world."

The outfit: Anthropologie gray jersey 3/4-sleeve shirt; Xhilaration gray tank with crochet detail; Mossimo skinny jeans with studded pockets; Aldo Orawin leather + suede booties. 
  
The occasion: Coffee date at Luna Bakery Cafe with new girlfriends I've met here in Cleveland. 

Why I like this look: Love the crochet detail of the tank -- reminds me of the many creative projects my talented mom works on around the house. She always pays attention to the little things that make her house (and the world) oh-so-beautiful.