Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday selfie


Today's look: My most prized second-hand discovery.

The outfit: Thrifted polkadot jumpsuit w/ drawstring waist; Aldo Kabba wedge heels (in sparkly black upper w/ weaved jute sole); Nordstrom gold hoop earrings; copper bangles (I got these in Zambia); Nars lipstick in Schiap; Sparitual Nail Color in Emerald City.

The occasion: My son's first violin recital.

Why I like this look: What to wear for my son's violin debut? Oh, the choices! Though it's not a formal event (this morning's performance is a "Play-In"), I still wanted to celebrate the occasion with one of my favorite outfits. I found this adorable polkadot jumpsuit at a church clothing exchange last year. It's my most prized discovery. It fits perfectly (which almost never happens to me, especially when it comes to pants-- I always have to get them hemmed), it's super comfortable and it will never go out of style. The label says "Chian Fuh," which sounds Chinese to me. Makes sense since the clothing exchange was at an Asian American church. Note to self: hurry and make a trip to China/Japan/Korea to go shopping!!