Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday selfie


Today's look: Black and white and striped all over.

The outfit: Forever 21 black and white shift dress; Mossimo faux suede wedge heels; Melie Bianco black-and-white sparkle clutch; Nars lip pencil in Dragon Girl; Sparitual Nail Color in Emerald City.

The occasion: Each month, The Cleveland Museum of Art hosts MIX First Friday Happy Hour-- a cool event featuring art, music and mingling (did I mention cocktails?!). I can’t wait to check out the masterworks in the galleries (especially excited about The Last Days of Pompeii: Decadence, Apocalypse, Resurrection) and listen to composer/artist/music theorist John Cage’s HPSCHD in the museum’s atrium (the acoustics in there will be wicked).

Why I like this look: Art always gets me in an inspired mood, especially when it comes to fashion (our bodies are our greatest canvases, right?). I saw this amazing shift dress a few months ago and had to have it even though there wasn’t an occasion yet. Often, I’ll shop like that. I’ll see something beautiful, lovely, thought-provoking or whimsical and snap it up for the future. What’s not to love about this dress? The cut (forgiving). The print (catches the eye). The only thing missing is a pop of color. I'm still on the quest for the perfect red high heel (something like this would have been exquisite, no?). In the meantime, the blue-green nails and red lip color serve as contrast to the black and white.