Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday selfie


Today's look: I got my cobalt blues.

The outfit: Mirror/Dash striped blazer; C&C California tank; BDG cobalt blue skinny jeans; Mossimo wedge heels w/ thick criss-cross straps; City Buddha beaded spherical drop earrings; DIY top knot bun.

The occasion: Work work work.

Why I like this look: I often feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. Like millions of women on the planet, I've got two full-time jobs (motherhood + career) which doesn't leave me much time for sleep. Take last night for example. Lights went out around 11:30 p.m. but I couldn't for the life of me turn off my brain. After tossing and turning for half an hour, I slithered out of bed and decided to work. Fast forward three hours and two articles later and I finally hit the sack. Needless to say, a strong cup of coffee was in order this morning. And staying in my pajamas was not an option (cleaning up + looking good = confidence + motivation). So I managed to cobble this outfit together. Not bad, huh?