Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday selfie


Today's look: The power of makeup.

I love before and after photos, especially when it comes to makeup. I mean, look at the above pics. Is that the same girl? The snapshot on the left is me with a naked face (just moisturizer). The one on the right is my face after makeup application (and in just seven minutes!).

Here's how I got the look.



I prep my face with these awesome products.

Step one: To prep my face (after I've washed it), I use SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel to get rid of the redness around my mouth and nose area, followed by Origins Youthtopia Lift Firming Cream. I love this rich-yet-absorbent moisturizer-- feels nourishing and not greasy.

  
A good canvas requires great coverage. And great tools.

Step two: You gotta have a good canvas to work with. For foundation, I really like Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover makeup. It's got SPF (a MUST) and helps even out my skin. I use MAC's Foundation Brush #190 to help create a smooth, even finish. Then I set the foundation with Make Up Forever's HD High Definition Powder

Step three: OK, now on to the fun stuff. I use Clinique's Brow Shaper (in Shaping Taupe) for my eyebrows. It gives your brows a natural finish without looking "painted on." Benefit's Bad Gal eye pencil on my lids (I think this product may be discontinued, but I found it on eBay) followed by L'Oreal's HiP Metallic Shadow Duo in Gilded. For my lashes, I'm addicted to a Japanese product called Majolica Majorca (Shiseido's drugstore brand). Their Lash Expander Frame Plus is the best mascara I've ever used.


With makeup, I'm like a kid in a candy shop. 

Step four: I normally love wearing blush (Nars Orgasm Blush is my go-to for everyday wear). But when I'm wearing a heavy pigment on my lips, I forego color on my cheeks. Today, I opted for my new favorite lipstick: Nars Semi-Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave.     

Now, go have fun with your own "before and after" selfies!