Friday, June 20, 2014

A day on the lake


We officially kicked off summer with a day on the beach yesterday. And though the word "beach" looks different to a California girl, Lake Erie's beachside is just as beautiful and relaxing.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day: pristine sky, sunny rays, a warm breeze, the company of my dear family and close friends. I even stole a few quiet, uninterrupted moments by myself and just sat and stared at the waves. 



Beyond the water, on the other side of the lake, sits Canada. How long would it take to swim across, I wondered. Apparently, Steve Wargo of South Euclid wondered the same thing and actually did something about it, becoming the first Ohioan to swim to the other side.

As for me, I'll stay comfy on this side of the lake thankyouverymuch. 


The kids had a magical time, too. Caden found fish bones.


And took a selfie with Mommy.


Izzy made a "chocolate sand cake."


And posed with Daddy (such a diva!). 


We couldn't have enjoyed such a lovely outing without these lovely people. Thank you, Jeff and Julie, for inviting us to spend the day with you!


Julie, a fellow California girl, admires the view.


Jeff has a fantastic eye. You'll always find him with his camera.


Our view from the lake house.


Same view at sunset.


These guys!


*** 


This family spent 10 months traveling around the world. (The New York Times)