Wednesday, February 4, 2015

High five (Happy Birthday, darling!!)



Today she turns five.

Oh how she was looking forward to this birthday. "Mama," she said, her eyes as wide as the moon. "I'm a really, really big girl now. I'm getting taller. I can reach the light in my bedroom. I can use kid scissors all by myself. And I'll be in KINDERGARTEN soon!!"

Yes, my darling. You are a big girl. But you'll always be my baby.

Here are some of my favorite snapshots of Izzy this past year...


A slice of pepperoni at Blondie's Pizza in Berkeley.
Fashion prodigy's off-the-shoulder "sheet dress."
Channeling her inner-Martha Graham.
Enjoying an afternoon on the shores of Lake Erie.
She wants to know, "What does the fox say?"
Lady in red.
The girl is pure joy.


Watching her grow up at 1, 2, 3 and 4.