Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The little blog that could


It's not easy being a one-woman show. 

If you've ever started and sustained a blog then you know exactly what I mean. As the founder and editor-in-chief of love, -j. I'm not only the lead writer but also the idea factory, interviewer, editor, copy chief, researcher, fact checker, art director, graphic designer, photographer, photo editor, production manager, line producer and coffee/sandwich girl.

Yes, that's a lot of hats...

Though there are some 150-170 million blogs in the world (the stats vary depending on who's collecting the data) did you know 90 percent of bloggers abandon their sites within the first year? You have a better shot opening up a restaurant. And it's no wonder. Keeping up a blog is really, really hard!

There have been many moments where I'm sitting at my computer wondering if I should just call it quits. Especially on those days when I've worked hard on a post, pouring my heart and soul into it, only to see that all of six people have read it. But something tells me to keep going. That little voice inside my head. The one full of encouragement and inspiration and a little bit of tough love ("Don't stop or else I'm going to kick your ass, you whiny little b*tch!" she says).

Then today you all told me to keep going, too.

From the bottom of this blogger's heart, I say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. And to all of you working, sweating and pushing in pursuit of your passions, I salute you. Don't quit, do it!

love, -j.   


Wearing big girl shoes, thanks to an awesome re-design.