Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Beauty life-changer: cleansing oil


When you take off all of your makeup, how do you know you got everything?

I recently added cleansing oil to my nighttime routine and it's revolutionizing my skin. After reading this insightful article about Korean skincare (and recommendations from my BFF) I thought, "What do I have to lose? I'm 41 and STILL breaking out like a teenager." It seems counter-intuitive to add oil to your face. But I'm telling you, it works. Cleansing oil is the perfect pre-cleansing step.

Here's my revised 6-step nighttime routine: 

1) First, I take off my eye makeup using this waterproof remover. Then I use a baby wipe all over my face to remove foundation, concealer, etc. 

2) Next is cleansing oil, which I use dry (I find it's more effective). After massaging into my face, I use warm water to rinse off.

3) Then I use a gentle cleanser (I like this one) with my Clarisonic Mia brush (this product changed my life!).  

4) Toner. Always use toner.

5) Don't forget those delicate areas.

6) Finish with a nourishing face oil. This one is my favorite.

I've been following this regimen for about a week now and I'm seeing results. Fewer breakouts, clearer skin, more even tone and a brighter and happier complexion overall.

Give it a go and let me know if you had similar results.

love, -j.


A grown-up guide to acne products. (Man Repeller)