Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday selfie


Yesterday's hair vs. today's hair: From jet black to warm chestnut.


The hair: My hair is naturally jet black and the last time I colored it was more than 15 years ago. My first time was a dreadful experience so I vowed never to do it again.   

The occasion: Mom told me to do "something new, something different" with my hair. When she recently sent a birthday card with a check (in the memo it read, "For your new hair, love you!") I knew it wasn't just a polite suggestion. So, like any dutiful daughter, I took the plunge.  

Why I like this look: On the first try, the color didn't take. We originally were going for an all-over red. But my hair is stubborn and when I walked out of the salon, you couldn't tell that I had done anything. The second try, my stylist (thank you Emily Stratton at Laura Lee Salon!) worked her magic and gave me light brown highlights all over. I LOVE IT. And I think this will be bad for me because now I'm addicted to color.