Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good food, good friends





What I love about my friend Sarah Yi: she's spontaneous. We became friends when we both lived in New York almost ten years ago, and throughout the years, I've always admired her sense of adventure (she's traveled all over the globe and goes somewhere interesting every year), her childlike spirit ("When I grow up, I hope I never become a grown-up,"), her wit and intelligence (she'll keep you on your toes), and how she drinks in life (she's designed costumes for summer Shakespeare in the Park productions, been a volunteer police officer in NYC, ran a marathon in Dublin, got a degree in forensic psychology...is there anything this woman can't do?).

Well, spontaneous Sarah dropped by tonight and we all shared a lovely meal together. She and Caden crafted homemade pizzas together (sausage, spinach, mushroom, onion, red bell pepper...YUM!) and we washed down the delicious personal-sized pizzas with Belgian beer (only the adults, of course).

Good food. Good friends. Life is so full when you have these things.