Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Links mar13




The Interweb is such a wonderful playground of knowledge, curiosities, new things to read, watch, listen to, eat. Taking inspiration from one of my favorite blogs, I'm kicking off my own collection of hand-picked links. Without further ado, here are a few that are click-worthy:

read/listen/watch/eat

  • Even when I first met him as a young art student, my husband's always preached the "good design is essential to life" sermon. And he's right. This article may explain why. (The New York Times)
  • Super sick music video from Australian synth-pop band Clubfeet 
  • This week's 10 Best Dressed (p.s. Tilda Swinton rocked it in Haider Ackermann; not so sure about Amanda Seyfried's sloppy Givenchy get-up). (Vogue)
  • I can't wait for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's directorial debut to hit theaters.  
  • All the rain and snow here in Cleveland inspires me to make soup. And lots of it. (Week of Menus) 

LIFE magazine named Jackson Pollock "the greatest living painter in the United States" in 1949,
when he was creating canvases now known to conform to the optimal fractal density
(about 1.3 on a scale of 1 to 2 from void to solid. Pollock's Number 8, c. 1949.