Tuesday, March 12, 2013

This week's obsessions: Justin's peanut butter, Rewined candles and more


food


I love peanut butter almost more than sex (I said "almost").

I was on a plane from LA to NY when the flight attendant handed out snack-size portions of Justin's Honey Peanut Butter. The packaging was simple yet creative (good graphic design goes a long way) so I thought, "The peanut butter must be decent." Ha, did I underestimate Justin's passion for nut butter. This stuff is the most amazing peanut butter I've ever had. It's the honey powder that makes it so damn good. After dinner, I'll eat a scoop for dessert and call it a day.

home


Talk about recycling and reusing: these candles are the coolest.

Charleston, South Carolina-based company Rewined uses repurposed wine bottles and makes each deliciously-scented candle by hand. They also carefully blend the fragrance to capture the flavors and aromas found in your favorite wine. The Cabernet candle features black cherry, currant, smoke and burnt toast. Merlot: ripe pomegranate, plum, vanilla and violet. Sauvignon Blanc: fresh mown grass, basil, mint and grapefruit. Heavenly.      

beauty

Lay it on thick: leave it to Francois Nars to come up with a to-die for color like Super Star.
Though it's been on shelves since well-before the holidays, I can't put it away quite yet.
That's OK... I've got seven more days of winter. Find it here.


I can't believe I just discovered Fresh's Sugar Lip Polish. It's provides my smackers
the perfect nourishment and conditioning for the harsh winters here in Cleveland.
Wash the stress away: my shower becomes my personal spa thanks to this drugstore find.
You can get Village Naturals Therapy Stress & Tension Relief body wash here.

fashion


My new favorite dress is this lovely silk number from Swedish designer
Carin Wester. I love the relaxed fit, dropped waist and multi-slit,
pieced hem along the front. You can find it here.
  

I've been wearing my winter boots every day since we moved here from California.
Good thing = heavy, chunky boots means toning up my legs. Bad thing = I miss my flats!
I found these adorable ones at Aldo. I feel like a ballerina when I wear them. Click here.