Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday selfie


Today's look: Hooray for sweatpants!

The outfit: C&C California tank; Mossimo Supply Co. sweatpants (which I cut off this morning); Converse sneakers; Flea Market Girl fortune cookie necklace. 

The occasion: No special occasion (obviously). Was down for the count for a few days and today is the first day I feel human.    

Why I like this look: I know, I know. This isn't your "traditional" dolled-up, decked-out, styled-up selfie. It's me very dressed down, in no make-up and wearing sweatpants. But let me explain. First of all, I'm getting over a cold and today is the first day I feel like myself (the fact that I'm not wearing pajamas is a win). Second, it's starting to get warm and muggy here in Cleveland. I broke down and cut my favorite sweatpants into sweatshorts (all my summer clothes are still packed up in a box somewhere). Also, don't you think it's annoying that self-portraits are always hyper-styled? I mean, c'mon. Do people really look that put-together when grocery shopping or cleaning the house? To be fair, I did put on a swipe of lip gloss (Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Passion) and am wearing my favorite necklace-- so I don't look like a complete slob.